Tai chi class at a Caregiver Retreat, July 2104
"Keeping Fit from the Neck Up" class, March 2014
Senior Safety Day at the Monticello Seniors Club, November 2014
Caregiver Trainings, Workshops & Lectures
The Caregiver Resource Center (CRC) offers trainings, workshops and lectures on a variety of subjects that address the changing needs of the caregiver. Classes are offered at our Education Center at 64 Ferndale-Loomis Road in Liberty, at workshops and community centers in various locations in Sullivan County.
The CRC gives workshops on common caregiving or eldercare concerns including:
- Legal & financial estate planning topics
- End of life issues
- Practical training for caregivers
- Medication safety
- Community resources and services
- Dementia-oriented topics (such as communication problems, pain management or bathing without a battle)
- Controlling Your Frustrations - this class series is for those who are in difficult caregiving situations. The class shares techniques on stress reduction, controlling negative thoughts and anger management skills.
- Talking with Your Doctor. This Health Literacy presentation shares five helpful tips and useful medical resources to use when preparing for a medical appointment, with the goal of getting all the answers you need!.
This project has been funded in whole or in part with Federal funds from the Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Library of Medicine, under Contract No. HH SN-276-2011-00003-c, with the University of Pittsburgh.
Last updated February 1, 2015